Enterprise SEO Services | Mazeless
Mazeless’ Enterprise SEO solutions help enterprises meet their growth projections with custom, proven campaign strategies. We analyze your site, monitor, adjust and grow alongside our clients to provide timeless solutions that gets results.
Did you know that 90% of pages get no traffic from Google? (source: Ahrefs)
Enterprises with hundreds or thousands of pages can’t afford to miss out on organic traffic if they hope to continue increasing revenue.
Your pages need to be indexed, they need to rank, and you need a search engine optimization provider that can scale to meet the needs of today and tomorrow.
What is Enterprise SEO?
Enterprises, in the business world, are large companies with hundreds, thousands or even tens of thousands of employees. These are massive operations with teams spread across potentially dozens of offices.
When it comes to their online presence, they may have sites for 30 different languages, and their websites can have:
- Thousands of pages
- Thousands of products
- Tens of thousands of keywords to track
An enterprise SEO company is designed to handle the intricacies of dealing with thousands of pages.
Since there’s no one-size-fits-all solution, these professionals will need to analyze the elements of these pages, product pages and other content assets before determining the best course of action to improve organic site visibility.
Click Here to speak to a Pro from Mazeless™
Stakeholders must also be involved in the process to ensure marketing teams and your enterprise SEO agency work together to meet common goals without impacting each other’s progress.
The larger the site, the more moving parts that need to be considered.
Data-driven approaches are required to help large-scale sites leverage missed ranking opportunities, improve user experience, increase crawled pages and improve crawlability.
Regular search engine optimization is different than enterprise solutions.
Regular vs Enterprise SEO: What’s the Difference?
Small businesses benefit from SEO drastically. These sites can increase online visibility, leads and revenue through optimization, but their sites are much easier to manage.
When dealing with a small business’ website, there are:
- Fewer pages
- Less data to comb through
- Fewer metrics to monitor
- Fewer stakeholders
Enterprises can have entire content development teams uploading dozens of products or blog posts per day.
Monitoring needs to be done on all of these changes, protocols need to be in place to follow best practices, and marketing teams need to collaborate with optimization teams to make sure no internal interference is impacting results.
But that’s just the beginning.
Both types of SEO will target keywords, but enterprises will go beyond the long-tail keywords and try targeting competitive keywords across the buyer journey. These keywords will attract potential buyers during all areas of the journey to help educate, nurture and convert.
Core fundamentals will also take precedence in enterprise SEO solutions while optimization experts will focus on site speed, templates, backlink acquisition, featured snippets, voice search, visual search and more.
Big data fits into the mix, too, with constant monitoring and changes taking place.
Small, time-consuming tasks that improve user experience and increase conversions will also be a focus of an enterprise search engine optimization firm that would often be overlooked with regular SEO.
Large corporations demand a strategic approach in all areas of their business, including in search engine optimization.
You must consider your enterprise’s:
What to Look for in an Enterprise SEO Agency
The agency you choose should offer a custom solution to meet the specific needs of your company.
And while you should consider things like the agency’s experience, commitment, results, reviews and other factors, you also need to understand their capabilities. You’re going to need a team that can scale as your enterprise continues to grow.
When everything else is considered, the right agency should provide:
- Automation: Efficiency, at the scale an enterprise requires, should rely on automation to monitor and respond to opportunities, threats and issues. Real-time dashboards, automated crawling and reports can help you choose an agency perfectly suited to your needs.
- Operational Scalability: Business is growing and evolving, the right agency has the ability to grow alongside your business to scale up and down as your needs change. Whether this means tracking 500,000 keywords and backlinks or growing from 10,000 to 100,000 pages, the agency you use should be able to accommodate your needs.
- SEO Research and Thought Leadership: Unique, proprietary data needs to be leveraged to achieve the results your enterprise needs. Data analysis, interpretation and a focus on research should be a part of the agency’s culture. Your company needs solutions that go beyond the basics.
- Support and Training: Support and customer service need to be provided to resolve issues within your organization. Campaign managers may provide training to internal teams, help with setting up protocols and procedures and assistance with resolving issues is priceless when looking for a solutions provider.
- Training and Certification: Internal team members should have training and certification that allows for new members to fit seamlessly into your enterprise’s campaign. When a provider has internal training and certification, you can be confident that as their team grows, your site is never a “learning experience.”
A search engine optimization firm should be willing to provide the support, automation and resources required to make your campaign a success.
This success also means being available to answer key questions and learn about your business.
At Mazeless, we’re asked a few common questions from potential clients that seem to pop up time and time again. Chances are, you have many of these same questions.
How Do Enterprise SEO Companies Measure Success?
Success is goal-driven. Through multiple data points, we rank success, including:
- Dwell time
- Crawled pages
- Site errors
- Site speed
- Organic search traffic
- Organic CTR
- Link profile growth
- Site technical health
- Organic conversions
- Engagement metrics
And we provide reports so that enterprises and their stakeholders can better understand how our custom approach is working to meet their internal goals.
When Should I Upgrade to Enterprise Services?
A general rule of thumb is that when a site is too difficult to manage via a regular search engine optimization provider and is continuing to grow, it’s time for an enterprise provider. You can also look at internal data to pinpoint when it’s time to move to the next level of optimization.
Some indicators include:
- Hundreds to thousands of pages or products
- Stagnant growth
- Lack of crawlability improvement
- Lack of backlink profile improvement
Scaling to continue to meet your enterprise’s needs is going to be the indicator that it’s time to switch over to an enterprise SEO agency.
How Much Will Enterprise Optimization Cost?
Honesty is the best policy, and while some enterprises are spending $10,000 to $20,000 on their enterprise SEO team, others are spending more, and some are spending less. We can’t give you a straight cost estimate without:
- Analyzing your site
- Conducting a competitor analysis
- Customizing a strategy
- Speaking to stakeholders
Your current team may be doing a fantastic job, so there’s little “clean up” work that we need to do, which will keep costs down. But a dozen of other teams may have worked on your optimization in the past, and the number of issues that they created can be massive.
We also need to consider your goals, total ages, total content assets and other factors.
What Makes a Site an Enterprise Site?
Generally, your site has reached enterprise “status” when you have hundreds of pages or more, and this number is growing daily. The total number of pages or products on a site are how we determine if a site needs an enterprise approach to search engine optimization or not.
Benefits of Following an Enterprise Approach to Search Engine Optimization
Your site is doing good. You might increase your revenue 20% year-over-year.
So, what’s the benefit of successful enterprise SEO?
That’s a question a lot of companies ask because they already have an online presence, and their SEO team has been able to help them continue growing. But an enterprise SEO company has the resources and experience to:
- Manage websites with thousands of pages
- Actively monitor and manage issues
- Improve crawl rates to all pages
- Correct content marketing issues
- Squeeze out even more from your SEO
In fact, there are a lot of benefits to taking the enterprise approach to optimization.
Let’s take a look.
Maximize Your Reach During the Entire Buyer’s Journey
Enterprise solutions look at your site as a whole in an effort to maximize exposure during the entire buyer’s journey. Your site has a lot of content assets, and so does your company. These assets will spread across multiple buyer stages:
How can enterprise optimization help? Through maximizing exposure, crawling and all of your enterprise’s assets, you’ll be able to improve your reach across all stages and to your assets, which may include:
- Case studies
- White papers
- Social media
- Blog posts
- Landing pages
Proper optimization works to provide a well-rounded approach to increase traffic to all levels of your marketing funnel.
Increase Your Brand’s Image
Organic search traffic is important, but so is your brand’s image. On average, 12 actions occur before an interaction with your site. Your brand needs to make a good first impression, especially in the B2B space.
Enterprise SEO ensures that your business is found where these customers are searching, including review sites.
Through proper optimization and automated emails, it’s possible to increase your good reviews, help people find your brand on search engines and improve revenue. Online reviews are key and can increase revenue by over 35% alone.
When enterprise experts are working to optimize your site, multiple sites will appear when you type in your brand’s name, including:
- Review sites
- News articles
Your brand’s credibility and trust among those searching will increase, too.
Local Brand Presence Increase
How’s your local optimization and brand presence? As an enterprise, it’s easy to forget about the local potential your business has. Penetrating local markets is key to an enterprise’s success and longevity.
If your local presence is waning or you’re unable to penetrate the market, your success will be short-lived.
Through proper optimization, it’s possible to optimize on both the local and global level. If you have brick-and-mortar stores or sell exclusively online, maintaining a strong connection to your local community is always a good idea.
Build Your Authority
Business owners know that trust and authority are the keys to long-term success, client retention and sales. Through proper optimization and a custom strategy, it’s possible to:
- Attract mentions in high-profile publications and in news sites
- Build a backlink portfolio from authority websites
- Build your personal and business brand
A custom strategy will hit on all of these points using a holistic approach that is data-driven and helps enterprises reach their goals.
Want to learn how our enterprise SEO agency can help your company accelerate its traffic, revenue and organic visibility?
Click here- we’re waiting to speak to you.
Elements of Enterprise Search Engine Optimization
What is enterprise SEO? It’s a collection of moving parts and elements that all work together to provide your site with the best chances of ranking high in Google.
Key elements include:
- Keywords. Optimization of keywords with a focus on wider optimization opportunities, such as ranking for broader or local terms, different cities and finding gaps in keyword optimization that can drive the most traffic. Branded, non-branded, transactional and even international keywords will be considered.
- Content. Quality content is where a lot of the on-page optimization occurs, whether it be keyword optimization, adding in new product data or updating content to keep it relevant and “fresh.”
- Automation. Massive, enterprise sites require some form of automation to analyze and monitor hundreds or thousands of pages or products. Through the use of strategic automation, it’s possible to monitor your site’s backlinks, problem areas, new pages, “hot spots” and more.
- Optimized templates. SEO experts make use of templates to allow for brand cohesion across all of your pages. These templates need to be tweaked and optimized to be fast, responsive and enhance user experience.
- Tactical scope. Multiple tactics and methodologies are used with enterprise level SEO, including link building, site speed, structured data, mobile, visual search, voice search, snippet optimization, structured data and even social proof.
- Speed. Optimization must also include speed. Not only does the site’s speed need to be fast, but the right tools and approaches need to be in place to allow stakeholders to react quickly to site issues.
Finally, as an enterprise SEO firm, there’s one more important element that can never be overlooked: internal collaboration and buy-ins. Everyone needs to be on the same page so that external and internal teams can work together harmoniously to achieve your enterprise’s goals.
Enterprise SEO management is complex. Even large marketing teams will have difficulty keeping track of all of the moving parts of enterprise websites.
It’s a major undertaking.
But there are tools that we use in our enterprise SEO company that helps up manage our efforts and your sites with greater precision.
The leading enterprise SEO tools, many that we use and some that we don’t, include but are not limited to:
- SEMrush: A good, all-around platform with 40+ tools built-in. You can conduct your market research, on-page SEO audits, competitor analysis, rank tracking and so much more. There’s even social media management built into SEMrush.
- ScreamingFrog SEO Spider: Automation software doesn’t get much better than ScreamingFrog. We use this tool extensively to find redirect issues, error pages, analyze meta data and more.
- Ahrefs: The team behind Ahrefs has continued to advance the platform to offer in-depth keyword analysis and research, inbound link tracking, audits, content explorer and so much more.
- BrightEdge: One of the leading developers for search engine optimization software. Multiple options are available, including organic visibility monitoring, competitor analysis and dozens of other tools.
- seoClarity: A platform that offers customized dashboards for marketing teams, deep crawls, site audits and a variety of other tools.
- Botify: The Botify platform aims to unlock your site’s hidden potential with Analytics, Intelligence and Activation tools. The platform helps monitor your site, provide insights into potential SEO issues and helps you understand the pages on your site that search engine crawlers are missing.
- Linkdex: A platform designed for individuals or an enterprise SEO firm. Reporting, analytics, ranking intelligence, forecasting, crawl and backlink analytics and so much more is included.
- MarketMuse: Not technically an “SEO tool,” MarketMuse is an intelligence and strategy platform that allows for content optimization and strategy development. The tool relies heavily on machine learning to continue advancing.
We did leave a few of the leading tools off of the list above, including Majestic SEO, Moz and quite a few others. You really need a C-level buy-in and the right technical resources to make paying for these tools worthwhile.
And you should also know what you’ll:
- Use each SEO software to achieve
- What you’re going to track and measure
- KPIs to track
Enterprise search engine optimization firms know which tools they’ll need to maximize their results when working on your campaign.
It’s a delicate balance between tools and automation, but enterprise businesses should try to automate some of their operations. These tools can help you manage technical issues, market trends, internal links, conversion rates and so much more.
While you can never rely solely on enterprise SEO software, these tools can help you better manage your campaign in competitive markets.
Mazeless’ Enterprise SEO Services
Mazeless is a leader among enterprise SEO companies. We know that your enterprise deserves the time and attention needed to attract more organic traffic and leads to your website. Our services are tailor-made to your business’ goals and needs.
We never try to sell you on services you don’t need – only those that get results.
Our team will work with your corporate SEO team, if there’s one in place, to make sure that we work together to help you rank above the competition.
Your site has hundreds or thousands of pages, links and other elements working to impact your rankings and bottom line. Our SEO enterprise services include:
- Keywords: In-depth keyword research and optimization to rank for the keywords needed to drive sales, nurture leads and educate.
- Link acquisition: Strategic, organic link acquisition services will help elevate your site in Google’s search results.
- Speed: Optimize and make key changes that reduce your site’s load time to increase crawl rate, reduce bounce rate and improve user experience.
- Mobile: A major shift in the way people use the Internet is occurring, and if your site isn’t mobile-friendly, your competitors will gladly chip away at your market share. We help ensure that your site is mobile-friendly to keep potential and current visitors happy.
- Visual and voice: Two changes to enterprise search engine optimization are the optimization for both visual and voice search. Queries are moving beyond simple text, so it’s time to add in visual and voice search to your enterprise level SEO.
- Featured snippets: Adding featured snippets to potentially thousands of pages can lead to an immediate ranking boost. We add in these snippets, which allow your site to be seen in one of the most valuable spots on Google’s main page.
- Site and content audit: You can’t know where you’re going if you don’t know where you came from. We conduct a full audit on your site and content to learn about your valuable content, content inconsistency, broken links and redirects and so much more.
But we don’t stop here. Our team’s decades of combined experience will also include tactical scope, internal collaboration, support and training and more.
At Mazeless, we do things differently.
You don’t need to know the 200 advanced factors that go into your rankings – that’s our job.
But you do need to be kept in the loop.
Our clients have a dedicated manager that learns about their business, goals and then reports back to keep you up to date on how our efforts are working. Full transparency allows us to work together to meet your goals without any surprises along the way.
Click here to speak to a member of our enterprise search engine optimization firm today.
I put in the tools and platforms on the top lists and such. Going to use this section a lot to bring up the intent of the article to fill in any gaps that I couldn’t in other areas.